Why join SATW
- Networking opportunities for travel journalists and travel publicists including one-on-one Marketplace meet-ups at meetings and conventions
- Professional development opportunities
- Chapter and Council meetings throughout the year and our Annual Convention designed to introduce members to new destinations around the world
- A listing in our member directory, used by media and visitor bureaus to locate the top professionals in the travel and travel writing industries
- Member discounts on evacuation insurance, travel gear, photographic supplies, airport parking, airport VIP lounges, car sharing, hotel rates, vacation packages, guidebooks, and more
- Member newsletter
- Access to the members-only section of this website
- Writing and photography competitions recognizing professional work
How to Join SATW
When you apply for membership to SATW, you become part of a Council (Freelance, Editors, or Associates), based on your role in the industry, and part of a Chapter, based on your geographical location (Eastern, Central States, Western, Canadian). Applicants must reside in the U.S. or Canada or have their work published primarily through North American media.
Step 1: Determine your type of membership.
- Freelance - You are a travel journalist who receives payment for the content you produce in published outlets and you reach a significant audience, or are a website/blog owner with an average of 10,000 UVs per month. All fees are in US Dollars.
- Application fee is $100
- Annual dues are $155
- Editor - You work primarily as a staff editor of travel media with a readership of 25,000 or more per month, or are a salaried editor or staff writer. All fees are in US Dollars.
- Application fee is $75
- New Member fee is $100
- Annual dues are $155
- Associate - You are a publicist or public relations representative in the travel industry. All fees are in US Dollars.
- Application fee is $125
- New Member fee is $200
- Annual dues are $300
Step 2: Apply.
- Fill out application form
- Sign Code of Ethics at end of form
- Submit application fee and new member fee
- Wait to hear from the membership coordinator, who will verify your application and may request more information
- Upon acceptance into SATW, pay membership dues
To read through the review process your application goes through, click here.
Click the link below to apply in your membership category.