In Indy with Kids: Top 5 Attractions for Families
The Society of American Travel Writers invites you, to join us in Indianapolis for the SATW 2012 convention on September 9-14, 2012. Bring your creativity and your travel experiences with you – but also bring your family to enjoy all that Indianapolis has to offer. We have collaborated the top 5 things to do in Indy with Kids just for you!
1. Indianapolis Zoo – The ultimate summer day trip and perfect for families of any size! The Indianapolis Zoo (one of the nation’s Top 10, according to TripAdvisor) includes over 350 different animal species on its nearly 70 acres. www.indyzoo.com
2. X-Site Entertainment – Indy’s own, state-of-the-art, Laser Tag Game. Over 12,000 square feet of fun and excitement that is sure to last all day. X-Site also features a high-tech arcade, virtual videos, and recreational activities for the adventure seeking family. http://www.xsitelasertag.com/
3. Children’s Museum of Indianapolis - The largest (and, according to Child magazine, the best) children’s museum in the world, the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a huge, five-level playground where over one million kids and parents each year come to enjoy (seriously—it’s that kind of museum) science, history, art and culture. www.childrensmuseum.org
4. Connor Prairie Interactive History Park – This one of a kind park is based around the historic William Conner House. Through first-person, in-character narratives, costumed staff recreate life in 19th-century Indiana, engaging visitors in common activities of the 1800s. The park was awarded the 2012 Award of Merit from the American Association for State and Local History and was named one of the top five museums in the nation when it received the 2010 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for museums and libraries that make extraordinary civic, educational, economic, environmental and social contributions.www.connerprairie.org
5. Rascal’s Fun Zone - From Go-Karts, Mini Golf, A Family Gran Prix Track, Blaster Boats, Mini Bowling, and an Arcade Room – Rascal’s Fun Zone is nothing short but family fun entertainment on all levels. There is something for all ages and enough activities to keep everyone happy and running. What could be better then experiencing a family oriented Gran Prix Track in the one and only Indy? http://www.rascalsfunzone.com